If you’re looking for a highly desirable place to raise your family, Green Pond, New Jersey, needs to be on your radar!
There exists a delightful and enchanting place to call home, tucked away within Rockaway Township, New Jersey. Green Pond is both a lake and a private, residential community, managed by Green Pond Corporation and Lake End Corporation. This 465 acre stretch of land is a hidden gem among New Jersey neighborhoods. Despite the name, Green Pond is a spring-fed glacial lake with crystal clear water and even more beautiful properties. Underground cold-water springs make this shimmering lake an absolutely gorgeous destination for your family.
If ever there was a place for nostalgia, Green Pond is it. The area harks back to an earlier time with generation after generation of families enjoying and loving everything Green Pond has to offer. With summer camp activities, a swim team, sailing, and hiking trails galore, kids have no shortage of activities to keep them busy.
In addition, you’ll find some of the purest water throughout all of New Jersey in this wonderful community. Green Pond is likely the cleanest home owner accessible body of water in the entire state. It is glacier formed, 2.4 miles long, and a spring fed true pond, meaning no rivers or other streams feed to it. Positioned 1046 feet above sea level, it is surrounded by protected forest land, making Green Pond five to seven degrees cooler than the surrounding areas in the summer!
What else makes Green Pond unique?
• Exclusive amenities — New homeowners in Green Pond also become stock holders, which grants them exclusive access to the common lands throughout the area. In exchange for a fee, residents can privately access the lake, the beach, and the community facilities. These are not accessible by the public, and include tennis courts, fields to play sports, a community center, and a membership-only yacht club.
• Fantastic views — Green Pond is surrounded by many acres of woodlands, trails, and mountains, perfect for residents who enjoy going for a stroll.
• Overall location — Green Pond is near just about every major route in New Jersey, including routes 23, 80 and 287. If you work in New York City, you’ll be happy to know that you’re just 32 miles from Manhattan!
Within the community, there are always activities to take advantage of for residents of Green Pond. Because the amenities are exclusive to members of the Green Pond community, families and neighbors get together often to enjoy time with one another. If you yearn for a place where your children are excited to go play outside, Green Pond real estate has everything you could want when it comes to finding a home!
Green Pond residents have the opportunity to join the Green Pond Yacht Club that offers competitive One Design sailing, a strong youth program, and family oriented dining in the summer. Residents also have access to private tennis, a beach, grille facilities; as well as youth and adult activities.
Recreation & Other Activities
• Swimming in Green Pond Lake
• Sailing, motor boating, and water skiing
• Tennis courts
• Cross country ski trails
• Open fields for baseball and other sports
• Fishing (the lake is stocked seasonally with trout and bass!)
• The Stand, located on the beach, is a great local spot for grabbing a quick lunch, dinner, or ice cream for the kids.
In addition to the activities above, many homeowners also belong to the Green Pond Yacht Club, which provides sailing lessons, social events throughout the year, and a restaurant available in the summertime! During the off-season, the clubhouse is available to rent out for private events, providing a stunning lakeside view for your guests.
Outside of the lake itself, there are plenty of exciting destinations that are just a short drive away. Looking to shop? Green Pond is only about a 20 minute drive to the nearby Rockaway Town Square Mall, one of the largest malls in all of New Jersey!
There are also several nearby parks for residents to enjoy. Go for an afternoon picnic, take the dogs for a walk, or take your children to a playground for some exercise and fun at one of these parks below!
Looking for a bite to eat? There are plenty of delicious restaurants just northwest of Green Pond, in Oak Ridge. Check out what some of the locals have to say about these eateries below:
Are you thinking of moving to Green Pond, New Jersey? Many excellent schools are available for your children that are a short distance away. Whether you are looking for a public or private learning institution, top rated education can be found nearby throughout Rockaway Township, as well as in Oak Ridge.
At The Menard Group, we know just how important it is to ensure your family has access to great schools. Moving to a new area is often highly dependent on what’s nearby, and schools are no exception! You’ll be happy to know that all of the schools below offer an excellent environment for your child to thrive, with many opportunities for focused learning. In fact, at Rockaway Township Public Schools, the average student to teacher ratio is 11.8 to 1!
Take a look at the schools available for your children to attend: